Last year, I had a lot to factor in for my choice of outfit for the Curvy Couture Roadshow. I was only flying down to Melbourne for the day, so it had to be comfortable enough to get me through two flights without digging in or creasing, plus I was going to be doing a fair bit of running around (and rolling on the ground as it turned out), so it had to be comfy and easy to move around in. I kept my hair simple in a super high ponytail and made sure my makeup was low-maintenance but still glam.
This year I'll be staying a few nights in Melbourne, so I can be as fabulously glamorous as I like! I'll give you a few hints on what I'll be wearing:
- Digital print
My tips for choosing a CCR outfit:
- If you have an item in your wardrobe that you've been dying to wear, but just haven't had a chance to wear it yet... this is the time to work it!
- Try something new. The Curvy Couture Roadshow is all about embracing your body and rocking your amazing curves, so if you want to wear a short skirt or bare some midriff... do it!!!
- Are you a sheep? No? Then show off your individual personality through your clothing! Be true to your personal style; if you want to wear denim joggers and white Nike sneakers, then go for it! Likewise if you want to wear a tutu or an evening gown. The event is all about diversity, and we all want to see your unique style.
- Pretend that this is your 'red carpet' moment... If that means having your hair and makeup done professionally, treat yourself!
- This is a personal rule of mine, but I've seen the collateral damage of women ignoring it; don't wear shoes that you can't walk in! Seriously, walking like a T-Rex in heels that are way too high for you will ruin your carefully curated outfit in an instant. I'll be wearing low heels, so you won't be alone if you leave the skyscrapers at home.
Can't wait to see you there! I'll be dressed very brightly, so you won't be able to miss me... come and say hi!!!