Saturday, May 21, 2011

NYC Label Review: Monif C

Before my travels to New York City, I researched places I needed to see and stores I needed to visit. Monif C. Plus Sizes always topped the Google search. I made it a top priority to get myself there to try their famous Marilyn Convertible Dress; a circle skirt with 9ft long straps which can be wrapped in many different ways to create different looks, and can fit a size 8-24. It retails at USD$195; which is a small amount considering how many different looks you get from the one dress.

I did indeed try it on. I fell in love with it. I bought it!

I've had a bit of fun tying the straps in different ways...





Yes... It can even be made into a top!

Another range I was dying to try at Monif C. was their swimwear. Fitted with invisible panelling to hold in the tummy, I was curious to see if these swimsuits were true to their reputation.

It has to be said, I haven't been swimming in about 5 years; mostly because I HATE swimsuits with a passion. They show up every lump, bump, dimple, mark, vein... just ew. NEVER have I stood in front of a mirror, in a swimsuit, and thought 'damn! I look hot!'. Until this little piece of fabulousness came into my sights...


In the Catalina Draped Swimsuit, I felt positively yummy! I think that it is worth every cent of the USD$148 to feel this good in a swimsuit!

Monif C. sell online at monifc.com, and they ship internationally. Try them out... you won't regret it!


xoxo


yELLE Styling on Facebook

 yELLE Styling on Linkedin yELLE Styling on Pinterest yELLE Styling on Twitter 



7 comments:

  1. I am DYING for the coral ruched convertible dress they have available, gotta save for it first though!
    Looks great, and the swimmers really suit you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing & I am so in love with that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size did you buy in the Swimsuit if you don't mind me asking??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtenay... Do it! There aren't a lot left... I tried the Ruched dress too, but just loved the classic style more for me.

    Natalie... Thank you Hun. I felt a little bit special shooting these pics.

    Sadie... I bought a size 16 in the swimsuit, though I probably could've fitted into the 14. The store only had a sample size 18 to try on, so I had todo a bit of guesswork. But the 16 is very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks hon.. You look Great in the dress and the Swimsuit!!! I'm going to buy that next~ I just bought the Ruched Dress in Coral! I will send you a pic so you can tell me how it looks** Kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that IS COOL!!! Ive seen it somewhere and didnt think to much of it....but yeah it looks GREAT every way you wear it!!

    I really wanna check out the opshops over there....did you manage to visit any? How long did you visit NY?


    mele,


    falalamele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omi gosh love this monif! I am a new yorker and I must say the swim suits are wonderful i have the two piece. great picks from your adventures!

    ReplyDelete